What are you thinking about?
The thoughts that are allowed to occupy our minds the most is a reflection of the extent we are resting and trusting in the LORD’s character.
Goals are great; stress and self-reliance is contrary!
May 4 – Immanent (Involved)
I am so thankful for the indwelling Holy Spirit who sustains our hope and strength while developing patience in us as we work towards the fruition of our dreams that He originates. If ever overwhelmed by the limits of our human capabilities, our attitudes can still soar with great expectancy because we know Abba Father is involved in all of our affairs by His very nature. His excellence caused His integration into us. Scripture states that our very world is in Him; being sustained by His Word! He is transcendent above all the constraints of this world so He is capable of solving every problem, and He involves Himself to ensure the believer’s educational journey to perfection is reached. Praise God, we get to walk our narrow path in His hands with safeguards around us. The Father and the Son hold us within their hands, and the Spirit holds us within! I am so thankful He is immanent; now my part is to remain aware.
…He is not far from each one of us; “for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, ‘For we are also His offspring.’ – Acts 17:27-28 NKJV
- In whose hand is the life of every living thing, And the breath of all mankind? – Job 12:10 NKJV
- And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. – Colossians 1:17 NKJV
- who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, – Hebrews 1:3 NKJV
- Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live? – Hebrews 12:9 NKJV
May 3 – MERCIFUL
What kind of mercy deposits the same Divine Spirit that raised Jesus Christ from the dead within this faltering person simply because God chose to love me? What kind of mercy foresees the wrongs done to me and provides a way out after I have reacted poorly? What kind of mercy is present to guide me while I am stumbling through this education?
I have deserved God’s wrath for things others have not perceived in me; yet, I know because God is merciful and He has deposited His Divine Spirit within me, I can have joy while enduring and overcoming all the trials that will come. I have this living hope purely because of God’s abundant mercy. May I learn to show mercy to others and be the child of God that He has destined me to be; and, may I do so with wisdom allowing for God to deal with the enemy.
But You, O Lord, are a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering and abundant in mercy and truth. – Psalm 86:15 NKJV
- Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, receiving the end of your faith–the salvation of your souls. – 1 Peter 1:3-9 NKJV
April 29 – OMNISCIENT
I am amazed when I consider what it means to have the Holy Spirit abide within me. My good and gracious Father, sealed my heart with His all knowing Spirit. When I truly believe God’s Word is true and perfect for every situation, I access His Spirit which gives me the ability to do everything He has called me to do! Why? Because it pleases Him to extend Himself throughout the earth by placing within me the fullness of His knowledge which I can access when needed. This also means that His Word will help me wait for the Word’s fulfillment. I am entirely unable to wisely discern the perfect way without Him. Pray and then obey the omniscient LORD.
- “Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. … “If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. – John 15:4-5, 7 NKJV
- “I will put My Spirit in you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I, the LORD, have spoken it and performed it,” says the LORD.’ ” – Ezekiel 37:14 NKJV
- Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out! – Romans 11:33 NKJV
- For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, – Romans 8:15-16 NKJV
April 28 – OMNIPRESENT
I am so amazed at God’s nonlocality (His presence everywhere). I am no physicist so I can’t explain quantum mechanics and its effects communication and instantaneous interaction across distances. What I do know is that God is not limited to time or space. He is everywhere at all times interacting with His creation. Because He loves His creation means the very source of creation is always present with me, communicating to me so that I can move past merely being in this moment to enjoying this moment in Him. I need only to stop for a moment and listen.
God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. – Psalm 46:1 NKJV
- Lord, help me …to be strengthened with might through Your Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in my heart through faith; that I, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height–– to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that I may be filled with all the fullness of God. -Based on Ephesians 3:16-19 NKJV
HOW DOES ANYONE CALCULATE THE DISTANCE OF GOD’S LOVE IF THE DIMENTIONS OF UNIVERSE ARE IN HIM AND HIS NONLOCITY IS BEYOND OUR FOUR SPACIAL DIMENSIONS WE EXPERIENCE (LENGTH, WIDTH, HEIGHT AND TIME)?
April 27 – IMMUTABLE
Because God’s character is immutable (unchanging), I can have such confidence; I can believe Him, His Word, and His Spirit speaking to me. When I am uncertain about trusting a person or a system, I know I can look to Him and depend on Him. When circumstances feel overwhelming, I need only to remember my unchanging God is my trusted source for everything!
Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow. – James 1:17 NASB95
- God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill? – Numbers 23:19 NIV
- I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say, ‘My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.‘ – Isaiah 46:10 NIV
- for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. – Romans 11:29 NIV
- Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. – Hebrews 13:8 NIV
Select this pages to submit suggestions, comments, or requests for content/ research on a topic.