Do you have important decisions to make? Just as the law of the LORD is summarized into a one-word command, ‘love’; the way to have a blessed and eternally fruitful life is summed up in two words which are ‘pray’ and ‘obey’. I believe this is the easiest way to break down complex situations.
While I could write pages about these commands, I thought I would offer a few simple proofs and a list of questions to help determine the LORD’s will for your decision.
Proofs: The Law of Love
- For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” (Galatians 5:14).
- ‘And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment. “And the second, like it, is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” (Mark 12:30 and 31).
- Great peace have those who love Your law, And nothing causes them to stumble. (Psalm 119:165).
- Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law. … Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law. (Romans 13:8 and 10).
How to: Trust and Obey
- Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful; But his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night. He shall be like a tree Planted by the rivers of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall prosper. The ungodly are not so, But are like the chaff which the wind drives away. Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, Nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. (Psalm 1:1 to 5).
Ultimately, if you do not have peace about something, do not go forward regardless of any pressure. The LORD leads by peace and the enemy by fear. Wait upon the LORD and TRUST HIM (His timing and solution).
- Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6 to 7).
Questions To Ask: Wise Decisions
Today if you have a decision to make, prayerfully filter your questions through the Word of God. Here are a few question to assess whether you’re doing the right thing:
- Will my decision be out of love for God and others?
- Will my decision agree with the Word of God?
- Will my decision be guided by Godly advice or by the world?
- Will my deciding factor be from a position of faith or fear?
- Will my decision say to the LORD that I trust God with what I can not control?
- Will my decision demonstrate I fear God more than I fear man?
- Will my decision choose the Lord over other relationships, things or my earthly life?
- If I disregard or excuse away the above considerations, what will I say to the LORD about my decision when I stand before Him at the judgement seat of Christ?
Family of God in Christ Jesus, if you or those you know have decisions to make, please hear the timeless words the Holy Spirit has spoken in His WORD and take comfort in them! If someone needs help with a life decision, why not share the simple red, black and white!
- “But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may do it. See, I have set before you today life and good, death and evil (Deuteronomy 30:14 and 15).
- “I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it; for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name. … “Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth. (Revelation 3:8 and 10).
Those who have ears to hear, let them hear. What will you choose?
This is a word to those who have not received God’s gift of Jesus Christ for salvation. If you feel the Holy Spirit encouraging you to believe, you should evaluate the Scripture for yourself. Please visit DESIRINGFRUITFULNESS.CA/CHOICES. There you can find 4 SIMPLE STEPS or concepts to help you ask the LORD to bring you into right standing with Him. The steps are designed to help you know why a prayer of repentance is necessary. It is as simple as acknowledging you are a sinner and believing that Jesus Christ is the risen Son of God. Then, in your daily life you need to obey His Word. There are no “specific words” to pray, but there is a process to coming to faith.
All Scripture used in this blog is from the New King James Version, unless otherwise specified.